Welcome to Volume 50 of the Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Stealing from Peter to pay Paul who donates to the Campaign by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
Why is it that government has to stick their nose into picking winners and losers by subsiding companies with our money when they have shown time and time again that they are unaccountable to the public for the money we give them?
- Governor’s State of the State Message: More Spending and Promises – No Tax Cuts or Solutions by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
Lots of talk from Governor Otter’s State of the State message about education and improving our technical and vocational education efforts, but no talk about how they are going to fund these programs.
- Integrity in Government by Viki Purdy, Candidate for Idaho State Senate District 9
This past weekend, the Republican Central Committee Body voted out a party rule “Integrity in Government,” I respect the vote of the committee and the integrity of its members. This is our process and I respect it. I support this rule because I truly care about the people in my community.
- Breaking: Ahrens Suspends Senate Campaign by Danielle Ahrens
Danielle Ahrens announced today that she will suspend her campaign for Idaho State Senate, District 1.
- Tell your legislators “NO!” to Idaho’s secret gun committee by Greg Pruett
As the 2016 session begins today, we march toward Constitutional Carry once again. This year Rep. Ron Nate and Rep. Heather Scott have been working together to put together a Constitutional Carry bill for Idaho citizens.
- Idaho Legislators Visit Burns Oregon by Rep. Heather Scott
Idaho State Representatives Judy Boyle, Heather Scott, and Sage Dixon were among a group of western state legislators who traveled to Burns, Oregon last Saturday (January 8, 2016) on a fact finding mission.
- Obama on Guns by Adrian Arp
When guns are outlawed and confiscated, then only outlaws in and out of government will have guns to control the citizens. It appears that Obama is working to join Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Lenin and Castro to disarm citizens.
- Fantasy Wealth vs True Wealth by Douglas Jones
The experiences of my youth have molded me into a fiscal conservative. Though no man is an island, there had been a number of times in life where the only thing that could be counted on was my own entrepreneurship, ingenuity, and effort.
- Term Limits vs. Unlimited Good Work by Rich Loudenback
Alexander Hamilton in Federalist No. 72 expressed his sense of the question of term limits: “Nothing appears more plausible at first sight, nor more ill-founded upon close inspection.”
- The Power of the Purse: The Subsidy Plan by Steven Neill
Obama could not be clearer, either fall in line with the new federal ‘solutions’ to the local problems and get federal ‘grants’ or be monitored by the federal government for non-compliance.
- But what can I do? – The Camp Followers of the American Revolution by Susan Frickey
A little recognized fact of the American Revolution was the contribution — indeed, the critical needs fulfilled — by women during the American Revolution.
- Wrong-Way Republicans by Robert W. Peck
The compromise, corruption and general sellout of traditional conservative values has become pandemic in the Republican Party.
- Gary Hourigan to speak at Hayden area Tea Party Meeting by Rich Loudenback
Gary Hourigan spent over thirty years in the mental health field working with chronically mentally ill who were mostly outpatients, as well as in hospitals and in prisons/jails.
- Glenn Rohrer on Otter’s State of the State Speech by Glenn Rohrer
Conservative Republican Senate candidate Glenn Rohrer said Tuesday lawmakers should focus on cutting taxes in 2016, not on creating and expanding entitlement programs, as Governor Butch Otter has suggested.
- Glenn Rohrer on the issues by Glenn Rohrer
Issues important to you have crystallized because I hear them often. I understand the importance for voters to know exactly who and what you are voting for in a candidate.
- Do our public schools and colleges honor the 1st Amendment? by Chris Pentico
Earlier in December, some Yale students signed a petition to repeal the 1st Amendment. It made some embarrassing national buzz.
- Native Tribes – Pawns of Agenda 21 – Part 1 by Karen Schumacher
Of all the subjects and issues on Agenda 21 there have been none which match the level of UN and federal government corruption and fraud than the exploitation of Tribes and attacks on private property.
- Trump by Brent Regan
He is bold, brash, bombastic and has an ego that will barely fit in the marble plated atrium of a New York City skyscraper.
- Macomber Disappointed with Gov. Otter’s ‘State of the State’ by Art Macomber
Art Macomber, Republican Candidate for the Idaho House of Representatives for District 4, Seat A (Coeur d’Alene) expressed disappointment with Governor Otter’s “State of the State” speech today.
- Islamic Immigration by Jim Hollingsworth
Several governors, including our own Butch Otter, have called for a [temporary] ‘halt to the U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program’ ‘until better assurances of security can be obtained.’
- A Biblical Perspective on the Middle East Conflict by Evalyn Bennett
No one should be surprised by the conflict in the Middle East. Neither should anyone expect a military or diplomatic solution to the problem.
- TPP’s State-owned Enterprises: Unleashing the Big Foreign Gorillas on Mom & Pop by William F. Jasper
SOE. That’s an acronym we are going to be hearing a lot more of, especially in relation to another acronym: TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership), the multi-national “trade agreement.”