— Published with Permission of The John Birch Society —
The John Birch Society has taken on an ambitious agenda to end tyranny and to preserve freedom. One noteworthy new tool is the updated “JBS Agenda” booklet. This agenda should be considered the blueprint for a Chapter to employ in setting general ongoing goals, deciding on focus, and implementing Bulletin requests. One main goal under “Stop the New World Order” of the JBS Agenda is to End the Fed. There are many, many reasons to end the Federal Reserve, but we’ll focus on five main reasons.
1. It devalues our currency. The Federal Reserve prints money without anything to back it. Inflating the amount of money has resulted in a rise in prices and long-term drop in the value of the currency (now only worth about two percent what it was in 1913) Americans need to realize that inflation is a hidden tax that defrauds all of us.
2. It slows economic growth. Many have been brainwashed to believe we need a central bank to function. That is not the case, but still the Fed has clasped and controlled the monetary system very firmly. Ron Paul states in his book End the Fed, “By manipulating the supply of money and setting interest rates, the Fed has practiced backdoor economic planning. The Fed essentially keeps interest rates lower than they otherwise would be.”
3. It has no transparency. Americans have a right to know what is happening with their money. The Federal Reserve has always operated behind closed doors. It’s time that they are exposed and transparency is given. Representative Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) introduced H.R. 24, which is the Federal Reserve Transparency Act and in the Senate, a companion bill, S. 16 has also been introduced. Americans must demand transparency of all government agencies, starting with the Federal Reserve.
4. The Federal Reserve is unconstitutional. Article 1, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power “to coin money.” The founders intended coining money to be stamping precious metal for use as a medium of exchange and not printing paper money because of their experience with paper money. They saw what a disaster it was in other countries, destroying the independence movement. By offering transparency of the Federal Reserve, Americans will see that theft is taking place. That is why The John Birch Society supports sound money and phasing out the Federal Reserve through the states. The solution is for the states to gradually adopt gold and silver coin as legal tender to achieve competition in the monetary system.
5. It is a giant step toward implementing world government. The Fed has long been a tool of the globalists, papering its way to bailing out its corporate cronies in America and overseas. It’s time their books are broken wide open for all to see.
Join in with The John Birch Society to not only End the Fed but to also preserve liberty and independence by following our agenda. The JBS Agenda reflects the principles of our country’s founders, as seen in the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence, as well as a belief that God endowed everyone with individual rights. With your help, we can accomplish less government, more responsibility, and—with God’s help—a better world!