Hillary Clinton, the self-proclaimed champion of women’s rights, would like us all to believe that she is the cure for all that ails America’s women. She will continue to exploit that narrative throughout her run for president. There’s an interesting blend of irony and hypocrisy brewing that will give rise to a virtual tidal wave of criticism. Due to her insatiable lust for money and power, Hillary has probably done more to harm women than any female on the planet. It was that lust for power which created Hillary the enabler. It was the addiction to all things financial that created Hillary the liar. Knowing that she could never achieve a position of power without riding on her husband’s coattails, Hillary was more than willing to do anything necessary to achieve that result. The methods she used were questionable and the victim toll is staggering. Every critical “success” in her career has been punctuated by other’s misfortunes. However, the Clinton machine comes with a Teflon shield, which allows for an acceptable level of collateral damage. Mere mortals would have been incarcerated long ago. But, on the left, ideology comes first. As such, hard core Democrats will simply hold their nose and tell themselves the end justifies the means. I doubt the rest of America will.
As we move closer to the 2016 elections, Mrs. Clinton and her legion of feminist supporters will try to convince us that she is the key to eliminating the “war on women.” I tend to believe that history is the best harbinger of what to expect in the future. As such, I have provided six examples of Hillary Clinton’s history as it relates to her treatment of women.
- In 1975, Hillary Clinton defended a forty-one year-old man named Thomas Alfred Taylor, who had raped and brutalized a twelve-year-old girl, leaving her infertile, and in a coma for five days. During a taped interview in the mid-1980s, Clinton implied she knew Taylor was guilty, and used a legal technicality to plead him down to a lesser crime. On the tape, Clinton is heard chuckling as she recalls her courtroom strategy. I’m not sure which is more disturbing, that fact that she defended a child rapist or the fact that she laughed about the outcome.
- We all remember the Monica Lewinsky scandal, watching in disbelief as a naive young intern was systematically destroyed by the mainstream media, with Hillary leading the charge. As scurrilous as it was . . . it was still consensual, which was all the left needed to give Mr. Clinton a pass. But, Monica was just the tip of the iceberg. There were scores of other women whose interactions with Bill were far from consensual. Three of these incidents brought allegations of rape. Rather than express any degree of empathy for these women, Hillary resorted to threats, intimidation, and verbal abuse. She hired private detectives to “dig up dirt” and intimidate any woman who even hinted at going public. She singlehandedly orchestrated every one of the investigations of all these women, and initiated smear campaigns. Hillary referred to the victims as “bimbos,” “Sluts,” “white trash,” and in the case of Monica Lewinsky, a “narcissistic loony toon.” And, in a vision of things to come, the IRS audited four of the most outspoken of Clinton’s victims: Gennifer Flowers, Liz Ward Gracen, Paula Jones and Juanita Broaddrick.
Her indifference to the rape allegations shows her contempt for the gender that she claims to champion. Anyone who is a true advocate of women’s rights would never have stood back and let that happen, let alone take on the role of an active participant. But, Hillary only cares about Hillary. Women’s rights are fine, as long as they serve her purpose.
- In 2009, Hillary Clinton accepted Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger Award at the Planned Parenthood Honors Gala in Houston, Texas. During her acceptance speech, Mrs. Clinton stated, “I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision. I am really in awe of her, there are a lot of lessons we can learn from her life.” For those that don’t know . . . Margaret Sanger was a racist that founded Planned Parenthood. She was also an advocate of eugenics, who proposed abortion as a means of “exterminating” the Black population and other racial groups she found undesirable. And Hillary Clinton admires her. In a move Sanger would be proud of, the Clinton Health Access Initiative partnered with Planned Parenthood to help distribute birth control and increase access to abortion in Africa and Latin America beginning in 2012.
- Hillary Clinton recently gave a speech in which she admonished corporate America for the disparity in income between women and men. Yet, women working for her in the U.S. Senate were paid only 72 cents for each dollar paid to men, which was well below the national average. According to an analysis of data compiled from official Senate expenditure reports from 2002 to 2008, the median annual salary for a woman working in Clinton’s office was $15,708.38 less than the median salary for a man.
- You would think a “champion of women’s rights” would avoid taking money from any country with a history of poor treatment for women. Yet, the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation has accepted nearly $40 million in donations from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Algeria and Brunei since 2001. The State Department has openly criticized these countries over their records on sex discrimination and other human-rights issues. Conditions for women in these countries are extremely oppressive. Hillary knows their plight, but for Hillary the denial of basic human rights is more than offset by big donations.
- When a charity knowingly accepts money from a tainted source, it makes a statement. Either the charity in question condones the actions of said source, or the improprieties are overridden by greed. It is no secret that Bill Clinton spent a great deal of time with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, which included at least ten trips with Epstein on his private aircraft, known as the “Lolita Express.” A number of those trips included stops at Epstein’s private Caribbean island compound, which is notorious as a haven for men wanting to have sex with underage girls.
Epstein was arrested in 2005 for receiving ‘erotic massages’ from an underage girl. In 2008, he was convicted, in a plea bargain deal, of a single charge of solicitation of prostitution from girls as young as 14. He served 13 months in prison.
Bill Clinton publicly denied any association with Epstein after the investigation was made public. However, a receipt surfaced later which revealed the Clinton Foundation had received a $25,000 donation from Epstein a full year after the investigation began. According to secret Swiss bank records leaked by a whistleblower, an additional $3.5 million dollars made its way from Epstein to the Clintons during that same period.
In exchange for a guilty plea on two underage sex charges, an FBI investigation into Epstein’s activities was abruptly halted and all related files were sealed. Among the evidence in the sealed files were security camera videos which would likely have shed some light on the dark side of Epstein and his guests, including Mr. Clinton. We will learn more about the Epstein/Clinton relationship in the coming months.
Hillary Clinton advances her agenda by tearing down women in private while talking them up in public. Her presidential campaign is being built around women’s issues, but history has shown that the only issues Mrs. Clinton truly cares about are the ones that involve money and power.
She had opportunities to have a positive impact in the lives of dozens of victimized women, but chose to take the low road, blaming them for her husband’s transgressions. Hillary Clinton has spent years as an accessory to Mr. Clinton’s indiscretions, doing whatever was needed to preserve the political partnership. She has shown a callous disregard for anyone who does not provide political expediency. Hillary Clinton represents the worst of politics, and America deserves better. Karma can be a bitch. Most voters will not forget Hillary’s “war on women” when election season rolls around. In other words, Mrs. Clinton’s dogma is about to get run over by her karma.