Welcome to the new, web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. Instead of a single PDF file, this newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- The GOOD, The BAD, and The UGLY by Russ Fulcher
In 2015, the Reagan philosophy was out, and the Obama philosophy prevailed in Idaho.
- Tax Them Till They Cry by Bob Neugebauer
Well folks the legislative session is over and the people we elected to office have once again outdone themselves. They have given us a few new dumb laws and regulations but the real kicker is the big fat $95 million tax increase with a 7 cent increase in the gas tax they passed late last night.
- Tea Party Bob’s response to the Idaho Statesman’s Editorial Board by Bob Neugebauer
What independent study done outside of state agencies came up with the $262,000,000 figure? Why should the heaviest regressive tax burden for fixing the roads fall on the lower and middle income families? In states where road money is taken from their general fund the roads are always in repair.
- SB 1067: King Otter Doesn’t Care About State Sovereignty by Bob Neugebauer
Not passing SB 1067 will do nothing to stop all child support payments. This is no more than misinformation as usual from the Otter administration and his cronies.
- SB 1067: Comments from Dale Pearce
This convention supersedes the Idaho and U.S. Constitution. This requires that our state legislators acquiesce or abrogate their oath of office to defend the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.
- SB 1067: Reasons Behind the Holding of SB 1067 by Rep. Lynn M. Luker
The bill and treaty have serious risks and flaws. It is not our choice to interrupt current child support enforcement. Rather, it is the federal government that is using children as collateral to force its policies upon Idaho and its sister states.
- SB 1067: Idaho Doesn’t Always Twirl by Rep. Ronald M. Nate
S1067 is problematic—it requires Idaho to accept changes to its CSE guidelines that are verbatim and uniform to federal code, and subject Idaho to international laws. There are no allowances for adding amendments or language that protects Idaho from objectionable laws and provisions.
- With Nothing More than Opportunity by Darr Moon
I can only hope that you too feel drawn toward the rugged individualist characters of our past for promise of new solutions by advancing and elevating the possibility of rekindling a dawning of new adventure.
- A More Than Fair Tax? by Hari Heath
Does throwing nearly a quarter to the federal government every time you spend a dollar bill seem fair? And who will do the dirty work?
- Who is John Galt? by Jim Chmelik
The reality is that lawsuits supported by organization like the Idaho Wilderness Society, Idaho Conservation League, Friends of the Clearwater, and the so called environmental / conservation organizations are wreaking havoc on the very environment they claim to care so much about.
- It’s ‘TEA TIME!’ for Congress by Rich Loudenback
Original Tea Party patriots were basically fed up with taxes. The ‘Fed Up’ of today’s patriots is compounded by Big Government’s extreme overreach of its enumerated powers dissolving our freedoms and commerce with overwhelming quantities of new laws, regulations and taxes.
- Trade Promotion Authority and trade partnership confusion or sleight of hand? by Tom Munds
If you love America, protect her, keep her sovereign and control her government, if you hate her or don’t care, keep doing what we are doing and she’ll be gone in a flash!
- A Very Bad Idea by Tony Olson
Almost every country in the Middle East is currently involved in a military conflict, and we have been the consummate enablers. It’s been one bad decision after another.
- Invictus Veritas (Truth Conquers) by Douglas Jones
There will be those who turn on us and ridicule us. It will not be pleasant. As for me, I will remember the story of Ignaz Semmelweis, and the difference he made.
- Free Trade Agreements Lead to World Government – Congress Should Reject TTP and TTIP! by Stephen Dunham
President George Washington in his farewell address to the nation said, “The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith.”
- Arizona Bill Would Nullify Obama’s Executive Orders by Alex Newman
In an effort to protect citizens from Obama’s expanding deluge of unconstitutional executive decrees, Arizona lawmakers are advancing a bill that would nullify any and all edicts from the White House that undermine the exclusive legislative authority granted to Congress under the U.S. Constitution.
- Ada County TEA Party Meet & Greet / Legislative Overview (April 21 & 30) Click here to learn more.
- “Helping Hand Fund 5K Run / Walk” (May 2) Click here to learn more.
- “Northwest Liberty Academy” (June 17-20) Click here to learn more.