Saturday, August 19, 2017, 10:00 AM
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S University Blvd Nampa, ID 83686
Without qualities like strong moral character and respect for the property of others, a free and prosperous society is simply not possible. If you’re interested in exploring the connection between liberty, character, and prosperity, join FEE and the Northwest Liberty Academy at Northwest Nazarene University (Harter Lecture Hall) for a free event on Saturday, August 19th.
Topics to Explore
Lawrence W. Reed will share remarkable stories from individuals who exemplify the extraordinary character and the entrepreneurial spirit through their words and actions. He will also challenge several of the progressive myths that are commonly perpetuated on campuses today. Professor Peter Crabb will explain the major obstacles that stand in the way of having a strong economy, and Jason Riddle will lead an interactive economic experiment with attendees. Don’t miss this unforgettable event!
This 1-day event is made possible thanks to the Ralph Smeed Memorial Foundation. It is offered to students and parents at no charge, and lunch will be provided to all participants. Attire is casual. Registration is required, so sign up today!
- 10:00 AM – 10:10 AM — Opening Remarks
- 10:10 AM – 11:00 AM — Liberty and Character (Lawrence W. Reed)
- 11:10 AM – 12:00 PM — Power and Politics vs. the Economy (Dr. Peter Crabb)
- 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM — Lunch
- 01:00 PM – 01:50 PM — Activity (Jason Riddle)
- 02:00 PM – 02:50 PM — Excuse Me, Professor: Busting Progressive Myths (Lawrence W. Reed)
- 02:50 PM – 03:00 PM — Closing Remarks