Welcome to the latest edition of our web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Is Medicaid Expansion being forced on Idaho? Just Say No! by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
That sucking sound you hear is your tax money being wasted by crony politicians who don’t care one iota about the citizens of Idaho, only about their reelection to office.
- The Truth about CBD Oil by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
The bill to allow CBD oil in Idaho for use in the treatment of intractable epilepsy should be reintroduced and passed with a veto proof vote.
- Healthcare and Pizza by Dr. John Livingston
Demand is blind to the cost of production. Only price matters. This is true in health care and pizza markets—and all others.
- The BBA Task Force Targets Idaho by Rich Loudenback
Idaho has been targeted with 12 other states by the shadowy originating forces behind the organizations driving to open an Article V Constitutional Convention (Con-Con) purportedly for creating a Balanced Budget Amendment (BBA).
- Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on immigration in 1907
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us…
- Slow Day in Texas
It’s a slow day in a little West Texas town. The sun is beating down, and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
- Butch Otter’s Cold Hard Cash by Ken De Vries
Reclamation of Idaho’s land should be the single issue on every voter’s mind.
- Testimony for the Legislative tax working group meeting by Brent Regan
Taxing someone then giving that money back makes government look foolish.
- Thanks to John Charleston You Have a Second Chance by Rich Loudenback
Those fortunate enough to attend this speech came away wishing more people could have heard it and asking if they could get a video copy to send friends.
- AG Lynch Delivers Remarks on Incarceration and Poverty
Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch Delivers Remarks at White House Convening on Incarceration and Poverty
- GunTV to Mimic Home Shopping Networks by Offering Firearms for Sale on Late-night TV by Bob Adelmann
Starting January 20, insomniacs and fervid firearms enthusiasts will have a place to go: GunTV.
- Putin Reverses Position on Global Warming, Backs UN Climate-change Agreement by Christian Gomez
The United Nations climate conference in Paris (COP21) concluded as a major success for the UN as the leaders of 195 countries unanimously signed on to the final agreement, including Russia’s President Vladimir Putin (shown).
- Dear Patriotic American by Adrian Arp
There would be no Christmas celebration without Jesus Christ.
- UN Climate Accord Signed in Paris by John Birch Society Staff
The team on the ground in Paris from The New American reports that a climate accord has been reached at the conclusion of the global warming summit.