Welcome to the latest edition of our web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
Click here to register for the 1st Annual Treasure Valley Liberty Shoot
- Dear Governor Otter: Do Your Job by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
It’s time, Mr. Governor, for you to get involved; it’s time for you to stem the tide of mismanagement and save our natural resources from bad management heaped upon us from Washington bureaucrats.
- Liberal Media Scolds Rep. Scott for Promoting our 1st Amendment Rights by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
We at the Gem State Patriot believe that Representative Scott’s actions in the display of the Confederate flag for the reasons she stated—”Protecting and promoting our freedom of speech is an honor”—were fair and justified.
- How Much Nuclear Waste is Enough for Idaho? by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
Every time we do a deal with the Feds we seem to lose a little more of our freedom.
- Activists Activating by Rich Loudenback
The Coeur d’Alene chapter of The John Birch Society worked hard at awakening the sleeping masses during the local fair Aug. 26 – 30th.
- Conservatism Might Die! by Rich Loudenback
Activists activate. But actual activism is eroding and the continuation of the Conservative species is not being successfully seeded to our youth.
- Is the Constitution Dead? by Robert W. Peck
This month we celebrate the 228th anniversary of the U.S. Constitution and ask the question, “is the Constitution dead?” Has it survived despite the many years of degradation it has suffered or did it succumb long ago?
- Underwhelmed by Sen. Crapo by Darr Moon
Although Senator Crapo extols Tea Party virtues at each of the meetings I’ve had a chance to attend he seems to have forgotten that personal responsibility is high on the prerequisite list of any self-respecting devotee.
- Want to Own a Gun? Help to Get US Out! by John F. McManus
Anyone who intends to retain the right to be armed must be made aware that focusing on the Second Amendment alone isn’t enough.
- Children’s Tumor Foundation Idaho NF Walk
Tens of thousands of people across the country are uniting to find a cure for neurofibromatosis. Join our Idaho NF Walk team in Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park to End NF: an incredible event, an awesome team.
- North Dakota Authorizes Police to Use Weaponized Drones by Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.
Police in North Dakota may now legally deploy drones equipped with Tasers and tear gas.
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho Forests – Part 1 by Karen Schumacker
Idaho has some of the most beautiful and pristine forests in the United States.
- Stupid is as Stupid Does by Lance Earl
“Forrest Gump” is one of the truly great movies because of the endless chain of life lessons. Many of these are built around the notion of “Stupid is as stupid does.”
- How conservatives can defeat ‘Club Republicana’ by Ken De Vries
The ship of state is sinking, and time is running out. Every election that passes is an opportunity lost.
- Am I a Stranger in My Own Land? by Douglas Jones
The argument needs to be made, because “If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.” I do not wish to leave my children and grandchildren anything less than a good and great country.
- Liberty Lost a Friend
LaRae Oram, 65, passed away on Saturday, August 29, 2015. Details at this link plus a tribute video from Lance Earl.