Welcome to the new, web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. Instead of a single PDF file, this newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President: Part Five – Hillary Clinton 101 by Tony Olson
I am not a Hillary Clinton fan. I honestly don’t know how anyone could be. She has left a trail of lies, criminal behavior, and ineptitude spanning four decades.
- Why Rep. DeMordaunt Would Not Hold a Hearing on Common Core by Bob Neugebauer
A bill to eliminate the mandatory SBAC test (central to the Common Core education program) never got a public hearing. You can thank Representative Reed DeMordaunt for that.
- The Deadly Failure of Gun Free Zones by Alex Kincaid
Americans are disarmed every day when they go to school or to work. The laws “protecting” military bases and schools, as well as employers’ ignorant policies, strip citizens of their right to self-defense.
- An Appeal to Heaven by Robert W. Peck
I recently read the story of the “An Appeal to Heaven” flag, its history and the important philosophical concept behind it. Most of us don’t even know there was such a flag and even fewer understand its significance.
- The Global Warming Scam by Tony Olson
There has been no bigger lie perpetrated on the people of the world than that of man-made global warming.
- Dependent on the Land by Jim Chmelik
We all share one common interest. All our needs are dependent on the land. With such a fundamental interest why can we not find common ground with respect to utilizing our natural resources?
- Letter to the Editor by Adrian Arp
The problems of this nation could be solved if we restored the principles of liberty contained in our US Constitution.
- Epilogue from Traubel’s book, Red Badge (coming 2015) by Doug Traubel
1988 was a fairly typical election year in the United States. The Cold War was raging as intensely as ever, and the rhetoric in the ideological war between the West and communism was red hot.
- Debt and Social Contracts by Douglas Jones
The financial struggles of Greece have been in the news off and on since 2010. The country is headed for what appears to be its third “bailout.” For the average citizen, it has been a struggle.
- Big Media: Are They Really Stupid or Unpatriotic Americans!!! by Rich Loudenback
A memorable statement from the movie Forrest Gump is ‘Stupid is as stupid does.’ He may have “looked” stupid, but he did his best not to act that way.
- Promising Panacea by Rich Loudenback
If someone offers you a pill that promises eternal life, don’t take the pill. It’s a panacea, a remedy that falsely claims to solve every problem ever.
- Amendment to Define Term Limits for U.S. Supreme Court and Federal Court Justices, and Measures to Ensure an Impartial and Fair Judiciary by Evalyn Bennett
Senator Ted Cruz has initiated the debate about term limits for Supreme Court justices. He is proposing that we amend the U.S. Constitution to establish an initial Supreme Court term of office with provision for that term to be “renewed” by voter referendum.
- Victims of Illusion: Congress and the DARK Side by Steven Neill
Do you have the right to know what is in the food you eat?
- Obama’s Nuclear Iran Deal: CFR Globalists vs. Sovereignty & Constitution by William F. Jasper
Apart from the many problematic details of the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran, there is the overriding problem of the entire P5+1 process that produced the agreement and, even more importantly, the U.S. Senate’s abdication of its constitutional “advice and consent” obligation.
- How Important is That Republican Majority? by John Birch Society Staff
Now that we are in full swing of the 2016 Presidential election, most candidates actually sound like constitutionalists. However, this rhetoric will quickly be shed after the election.