— Reprinted with Permission of The John Birch Society —
It’s crunch time for America’s national independence and personal freedoms!
For the last several years the Obama administration, with the enthusiastic support of most congressional Republicans, has been negotiating two mammoth trade partnerships that would put our nation on the path to economic and political integration with eleven Pacific Rim nations (including eventually China) and the 28 member states of the European Union.
Of course, the congressional supporters of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) never mention the threat to our independence and freedom represented by these two partnership deals. However, the internationalist elites in the United States and Europe who created the European Union and who are working together with their counterparts in Asia on the TPP and TTIP deals proclaim openly that these mega partnerships are intended to bring about the eventual political merger of our nation with over a dozen Pacific Rim nations including China and with the European Union.
It’s crunch time for America’s independence and freedom because on May 22 the Senate passed Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), aka fast-track authority, which restricts Congress to only an up-or-down vote (with no amendments or filibuster allowed) on trade agreements. The House is expected to debate and vote on the Senate TPA bill sometime during the weeks of June 8 and 15.
The House vote on TPA is so crucial because the highly dangerous TPP and TTIP partnerships very likely cannot gain approval from Congress without the TPA restrictions in place. If we stop TPA, we’ll be making it much more difficult for TPP and TTIP to be approved.
Here are 7 reasons why the House of Representatives should vote NO on TPA (as stated in “7 Reasons Why Trade Promotion Authority/Fast Track Must Be Defeated” by William F. Jasper, TheNewAmerican.com, June 5, 2015):
- TPA is essential to passage of the very dangerous TPP and TTIP.
- TPA is a “bum’s rush” that ratifies a secret, corrupt process and aims to ratify a secret, corrupt product.
- TPA is an unconscionable abdication of constitutional responsibility by Congress.
- TPA not only hands power to Obama, but to his successor as well.
- TPA is another giant step in the unconstitutional transfer of congressional authority to the president.
- TPA also challenges the Constitution by violating the requirement that treaties be ratified by a super-majority vote of two-thirds of the U.S. Senate.
- The TPA will speed the transfer of immense power to federal and international judges to eviscerate the Constitution; to strike down federal, state, and local laws; and to legislate from the bench.
Please phone your representative and tell him or her or someone on the staff a few of the above 7 reasons to vote NO on TPA. Click here for the phone numbers for your representative’s various offices. Make a phone call to both your rep’s DC office and the local office.