It is time for your voice to be heard.
This is a huge opportunity for the public to provide feedback on regulations that are destroying the way we live.
On March 28, 2017 President Trump signed an Executive Order rescinding several Obama memorandums and executive orders.
Among others, this specifically included;
- Executive Order 13653 of November 1, 2013 (Preparing the United States for the Impacts of Climate Change);
- The Presidential Memorandum of June 25, 2013 (Power Sector Carbon Pollution Standards);
- The Presidential Memorandum of November 3, 2015 (Mitigating Impacts on Natural Resources from Development and Encouraging Related Private Investment); and
- The Presidential Memorandum of September 21, 2016 (Climate Change and National Security).
The President then instructed agency heads to identify existing agency actions that occurred as a result of the now rescinded executive orders and memorandums.
Department of Interior (DOI) Secretary Zinke issued Order 3349 on March 29, 2017. This order effectively revoked “…Secretary’s Order 3330, “Improving Mitigation Policies and Practices of the Department of Interior” dated October 31, 2013.” All landscape conservation cooperatives were effectively ordered to cease their activities, not only the involved federal agencies but the NGOs as well. The order also gave timelines, 90 days being the longest, to determine whether actions should be reviewed, reconsidered, or revised. Other provisions were included in the order, go to the link and read the full order.
But the news gets even better.
The Secretary has asked for public comments on all DOI regulations. That means if you have issues with any DOI regulation, you can now submit your comments on those that need to be eliminated. This is a huge opportunity for the public to provide feedback on regulations that are destroying the way we live. The large landscape cooperatives are administered by US Fish and Wildlife Service.
Go to: www.regulations.gov
- Enter the Docket number In the Search box.
- On the Docket comment page, type in your comments, or copy/paste your comments into the Comment box.
- Follow instructions for submitting your comments.
- You may submit as many comments as desired; there is no current deadline for comments.
|Bureau of Land Management||DOI–2017–0003–0003|
|Bureau of Reclamation||DOI–2017–0003–0005|
|Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement||DOI–2017–0003–0006|
|National Park Service||DOI–2017–0003–0007|
|Office of Surface Mining Reclamation & Enforcement||DOI–2017–0003–0008|
|U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service||DOI–2017–0003–0009|
|U.S. Geological Survey.||DOI–2017–0003–00010|
|Bureau of Indian Affairs.||DOI–2017–0003–0002|
|Other Interior agencies and offices||DOI–2017–0003–00011|
Take the time, submit your comments, as many as you want, and pass this information to others.