Welcome to the new, web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. Instead of a single PDF file, this newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Freedom of the Press? Equal Access? Not in Idaho’s State House by Bob Neugebauer
The Gem State Patriot applied for press credentials at the Capitol and was denied. Bob asks the question, why were they denied and why don’t the press correspondents have to pay for the space they occupy at the Capitol building? Question is, don’t the Statesman, Press Tribune and other liberal media advocate for issues and why do they get to decide who can get press credentials?
- Crony Capitalism by Dr. John Livingston
John discusses IACI and the problems with cronyism in Idaho politics.
- Jihad Idaho: why it can happen here and how to be ready by Tom Brennan
Tom discusses the possibility of an attack right here in the treasure valley by terrorists.
- Liberal Media Vilifies Senator Sheryl Nuxoll for Non-Participation During Hindu Prayer by Bob Neugebauer
Bob defends Sheryl Nuxoll for her non-participation during a Hindu prayer. Enough with political correctness. This is a Christian nation.
- Former GOP Chairman Barry Peterson Speaks Out on IACI President’s Remarks by Barry Peterson
Barry discusses the disgusting remarks revealed in an e-mail sent by Alex LaBeau, the President of IACI
- Tea Party Bob on IACI and Alex LaBeau by Bob Neugebauer
Who really controls Idaho’s legislature? Is IACI herding our legislators? Say it ain’t so, Alex LaBeau.
- Analysis of Legislative Committee Report on the State Acquiring Title to and Control of Federal Public Lands in Idaho by Evalyn Bennett
Evalyn makes a great analysis of the Public Lands Transfer Report.
- What’s wrong with Idaho’s education system and what can we learn from a successful private school? by Bob Neugebauer
- A Brief History of the Republican Party by Hari Heath
When we think of “Republican,” we are inclined to think of the GOP or the Grand Old Party, but is the GOP truly republican? Is the GOP even the oldest of the two main parties holding political power today? History has a different story to tell:
- Young Americans for Liberty Utah State Convention
The YAL Utah State Convention featuring Jonathan Johnson and Jack Hunter will be held on Saturday, March 21 at the University of Utah.
- We have one year to change America’s future by Tony Olson
The future of America will not be determined in the 2016 elections. It will be determined in the 2016 primaries.
- Will GOP Use Kerry’s “We Didn’t Know” NAFTA Defense on TPP? by William F. Jasper
For those too young, too old, or too numb to remember the 1992-93 battles over NAFTA and NAFTA Fast Track, we are about to see a repeat of those epic conflicts.
- WikiLeaks Publishes Key Chapter of Secret TPP Agreement by William F. Jasper
On November 13, 2013, WikiLeaks released to the Internet what appears to be a portion of the secretly negotiated draft version of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
- What Good Would A Con-Con Do? by Stephen Dunham
According to the Freedom Index, found in the New American magazine, our federal elected representatives have a long way to go toward voting for legislation, based on the Constitution.
- HCR 18 – The Most Important Decision by Rich Loudenback and Chris Stevens
We all agree the federal government is out of compliance with the Constitution. We disagree that the solution is to change the Constitution.
- Unconditional Surrender by Chris Stevens, Seeley Lake, MT (formerly Pocatello, ID)
A word of caution about Utah Rep. Ken Ivory. Instead of enforcing the Constitution, he wants to open it up for revision by initiating the first national constitutional convention since 1787.
Bob visits The Ambrose School in Meridian, Idaho to find out.
- “What is the real price of Free Trade?” (March 18 & 19) Click here to learn more.
- “Young Americans for Liberty Utah State Convention” (March 21) Click here to learn more.
- “Helping Hand Fund 5K Run / Walk” (May 2) Click here to learn more.
- “Northwest Liberty Academy” (June 17-20) Click here to learn more.