It’s New Year’s 2018. Let’s take a moment to celebrate a great start to the New Year. President Trump has turned a “horrid Obama economy” into a “torrid Trump economy.”
We are experiencing one of the greatest economic turnarounds in history. No one expected a rebound this huge, this quickly. Christmas retail sales just set all-time records. Thank you, President Trump.
The just-passed Trump tax law should accelerate this fabulous “Trump Economic Miracle.” I predict this will be the biggest story of 2018.
President Trump has made enormous strides turning this country around. Now it’s time to close the deal. “Draining the DC Swamp” is at the top of my New Year wishes. Here are a few actions President Trump should take in 2018 to “Make America Great Again.”
- Trump should fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Thank him for his service, then send him on his way. Sessions was the conservative pit bull of the Senate—a tenacious, relentless warrior. As Attorney General, he’s suddenly turned into a wallflower, afraid of his own shadow. Something is clearly wrong. Sessions has either been compromised, or he’s outed himself as a member of the DC swamp. Either way, he’s got to go in 2018. Trump should replace him with real pit bulls and warriors like Trey Gowdy, Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, or Judge Jeanine Pirro. Trump needs an AG with a spine and the courage to go on offense to defeat the DC swamp and uphold the rule of law.
- The new Attorney General should immediately undertake a review of the Mueller Special Counsel investigation to determine what, if any, actions should be taken regarding Russian interference in our election process and bring this investigation to a swift conclusion
- The new Attorney General should announce the immediate firing of Rod Rosenstein, Andrew McCabe, Andrew Weisman, Peter Strozk, Bruce Orr and any other senior DOJ or FBI employees who were involved in the conspiracy to cover-up Hillary Clinton’s crimes and to deny Donald Trump the presidency.
- The new Attorney General should immediately appoint Special Counselors to investigate:
- The Uranium One sale and the role of Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.
- National Security and cover-up issues related to the Hillary Clinton private server, the erasing of 33,000 emails after receiving a subpoena from Congress, Fast and Furious and the Benghazi cover-up. These investigations will focus on lying to Congress and criminal collusion and actions involving Hillary Clinton, Andrew McCabe, James Comey, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, and other government officials.
- The fraudulent Fusion GPS dossier, it’s funding by the Clinton presidential campaign and it’s use by the FBI to illegally obtain FISA warrants.
- The theft of the Democrat presidential primary by Hillary Clinton and the DNC.
- The murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich.
- President Obama’s role in blocking arrests of top Hezbollah leadership for crimes relating to drug trafficking, human trafficking, gun trafficking and human sex slavery, in order to protect the Iran treaty negotiations.
- The role of Obama in handing an illegal ransom of hundreds of millions of dollars (in foreign currency) to Iran to illegally trade for hostages.
- Abuses of the IRS and other government agencies during the Obama presidency. Hand in hand with this IRS investigation, President Trump should issue an executive order immediately releasing the transcripts of IRS official Lois Lerner’s court testimony.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. I’ve recommended this specific strategy in my newspaper columns and on my national radio and TV shows for months now. If it’s okay for Democrats to demand Special Counselors to investigate President Trump, then it’s perfectly fine, legal and fair for President Trump’s Attorney General to appoint Special Counselors to investigate every Democrat scandal.
- Last, but not least, President Trump should direct the Attorney General to investigate and fully inform the American public about the facts surrounding the Las Vegas Massacre. It’s been 90 days and we know absolutely nothing new about the details of how and why it happened.
This is the perfect game plan to accelerate the process of “Draining the DC Swamp”…defending the rule of law… returning accountability and credibility to our government…returning power to the American people (just as our Founding Fathers intended)…and “Making America Great Again.” That’s what I call a Happy New Year!