It all depends on which conventional media you are reading.
Consider the following facts:
- Ammon Bundy was acquitted by three courts, including the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals of all charges stemming from his protest of federal government overreach.
- Between the 1870’s and 1890’s the success of the Bundy family along with tens of thousands of fellow ranchers and farmers in the arid American West that convinced Congress to create the Bureau of Reclamation and other environmental agencies. So why has this pioneer legacy been largely snubbed out by these agencies as they moved from being collaborative to controlling, and yes even combative and condemning over four decades?
- The ongoing “homesteading” of those agencies on state lands is clearly unconstitutional as the U.S. Constitution proclaims “all federal property in a state must be purchased from the state by the Consent of the Legislature of that State. This never happened.
- Why does the federal govt. claim control of 62% of Idaho’s land along with its bullions in untapped natural resource wealth? Idaho does not need unconstitutional hand holding by the Feds when it comes to our land.
- Current press coverage describes Ammon Bundy as a militant when he has never been armed at any protest he attended. He is also not Antigovernment and is in-fact for good government. Neither is he a Radical but instead is a good solid conservative. They say he’s a Criminal, I ask by what measure? He was arrested several times at the capital for protesting Governor Little’s illegal, unconstitutional Covid emergency order. Idaho law says if an emergency order was to be continued, the governor must convene the legislature after 60 days which did not happen even after being reminded by the our legislators to do so. What kind of example does our governor set when he doesn’t obey our laws or constitution.
- Ammon Bundy was arrested for his civil disobedience while attempting to protect Baby Cyrus from the clutches of Idaho’s Child Protective Services who were in process of taking him into custody from his parents. Because of this protest St. Luke’s released Cyrus quietly while acknowledging they could do nothing to help Cyrus who is now thriving at home.
- The defamation lawsuit brought by Dr. Pate the $18 million dollar a year administrator for St. Luke’s hurt feelings is civil not criminal.
- What keeps Ammon going even with all the obstacles he has and is still facing is his opposition to clear cut government overreach, injustice and inefficiency. It is interesting to make note that the Nevada Judge declared the federal governments case “Shocked the conscience of the court and “violated the universal sense of Justice.” For more info google search Larry Wooten a BLM employee and Dan Love a BLM agent and you will be appalled at what you read.
- Ammon Bundy wants to keep Idaho attached to its traditional and constitutional roots and lands, as well as open the doors to its future for present and upcoming generations. He will Keep Idaho IDAHO.
- It is the courage that Bundy displays which is very rare and there are few in our political arena with his fortitude, fidelity to the law, liberty and a passion to observe love for all people that if elected will make him an ideal governor for Idaho.
- Please go to VoteBundy.com for more information as he has the courage and stamina to make positive changes for Idaho’s future.
Rick Hydrick was both a water resource manager at Lake Tahoe and a professional environmental historian during his forty-two-year career. He has worked at the center of critical and significant environmental policy, practice, and modification at the local, state, regional, and federal levels of government.