Welcome to Volume 49 of the Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- The Otter Pac Reeks of Cronyism by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
When our Governor speaks about the reddest of the red states he must be talking about Wyoming because with the legislators we currently have in office there is no way you could consider Idaho a Red State.
- Why Conservatives are their own Worst Enemies by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
Can someone please tell us what the heck is going on in the District 1 Bonner and Boundary Counties?
- Dump the Essential Health Benefits Mandate from Obamacare by Steve Ackerman
Want to Attack Rising Health Insurance Premiums? Sign My Petition to Dump the Essential Health Benefits Rule from Obamacare.
- REAL ID Act and the Cybersecurity Act of 2015: Looming Threats to Privacy and States’ Sovereignty by Rich Loudenback
There is a full court press on currently by the Obama administration to take control of citizens like never before from warrantless surveillance to finally trying to enforce the, up till now, languishing effort to force us into a federal ID program known as REAL ID.
- Hammond Ranch by Darr Moon
The Hammond’s set a backfire on their ranch lands to prevent an oncoming wildfire.
- What AG Loretta Lynch Actually Said by Steven Neill
The First Amendment is meant to protect speech we don’t like, even what some might consider ‘hate speech.’
- Obfuscation and the Trans-Pacific Partnership by Douglas Jones
The text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership runs 5,554 pages. This is, by definition, anti-democratic.
- The Meaning of the Constitution by Evalyn Bennett
It is critical for U.S. citizens to decide what meaning of the U.S. Constitution’s term “natural born citizen” results in a U.S. citizen and prospective Commander-in-Chief who is free from all possibility of foreign alliance through either his parentage or place of birth.
- DHS: States’ Refusal to Implement REAL ID Could Ground Residents by Michael Tennant
Starting next year, residents of four states plus American Samoa may be unable to use their driver’s licenses as identification for boarding an airplane or entering certain federal buildings if the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) gets it way.
- OPEC Ignores Crude Oil Glut, Vows to Continue Pumping Flat Out by Bob Adelmann
Following a contentious six-hour meeting on Friday, OPEC oil ministers meeting in Vienna announced that nothing will change: They will continue to pump at maximum rates despite the growing glut of oil in the world. Predictably, crude oil prices dropped, along with wholesale gasoline prices.
- Amash, Massie Warn of Secret Surveillance Provision in Spending Package by Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.
Rep. Justin Amash and Rep. Thomas Massie have issued statements vilifying the omnibus spending bill’s provision implementing the Cybersecurity Act of 2015.
- Bill Ayers and Truthout.org: Helping Obama, Hillary, Bernie Look Moderate by William F. Jasper
Bill Ayers. Remember him?: Unrepentant terrorist, SDS riotmaker, pal and political mentor of young Barack Obama, and putative author/ghostwriter of Obama’s famous 1995 memoir, Dreams of My Father.
- Documentary ‘Climate Hustle’ Exposes Global-warming Con Job by Alex Newman
Indeed, Climate Hustle, with climate realist Marc Morano of Climate Depot serving as the host, even uses some of Gore’s own tactics in exposing the anthropogenic (man-made) global-warming theory, minus the falsehoods and misleading propaganda.
- Critics Slam Study Claiming E-Cigarettes as Dangerous as Regular Ones by Raven Clabough
There is perhaps no better proof of the federal government’s collusion with Big Pharma than the government’s crusade against “vaping.”
- Tennessee, South Carolina Could ‘Green Light’ Weaponized Police Drones by Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.
If a pair of bills are passed by lawmakers in South Carolina and Tennessee, law-enforcement agencies in those states could get a green light for weaponizing drones.
- Ranchers’ Lives Matter by Darr Moon
The Hammonds will pay dearly for what ranchers have done routinely in these days of modern range management.