Welcome to the latest edition of our web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Testimony at the West Ada School Board by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
This meeting was to allow the public to comment on what they would like to see in a new Superintendent
- Dorothy Moon Candidate Dist. 8B Representative
Dorothy Moon, a well-known conservative Republican Party leader and former school teacher from Stanley, announced today that she is running to represent District 8 in the state House of Representatives. Moon is seeking the seat held by freshman Rep. Merrill Beyeler.
- Maybe the most Important Lesson you will ever read about Taxes by Edward Sylvester Ellis
History’s immortals sometimes offer a glimpse of their greatness in events other than those that granted them immortality.
- Starbucks by Karen Schumacker
It should be no surprise that Starbucks has chosen to change its Christmas theme from trees and snowflakes to plain red on their cups.
- Why All the Hate? by Darr Moon
You may be wondering why all the hate. It seems everyone is at each other’s throats. So why? I don’t hate people, I hope that we could all live in peace and prosperity according to the ideals our nation was founded upon.
- The Modern Face of Liberal Fascism by Douglas Jones
Are they kidding! It was more like Goliath versus Goliath, and the winner was, — well, — Goliath! Modern academia today is largely liberal.
- The Most Un-fair Tax is the ‘Fair Tax’ by Rich Loudenback
The word fair when used in the ‘Fair Tax’ is truly an autoantonym or a contronym, i.e. the exact opposite of the meaning you would expect for the word fair.
- Kansas Universities Prepare for Students Carrying Concealed on Campus by Bob Adelmann
Effective July 1, residents of Kansas may carry a concealed firearm without any type of permit or license, except for students at the state’s universities. For them, the freedom to carry begins July 2, 2017.
- Have Democrats Found a Foolproof Way to Pass Gun Control? by Bob Adelmann
Gun control is back, and Democrats have finally perhaps found a foolproof formula for passing it: Tie it in with the fight against terrorists.
- More Signs the Economy Is Slowing by Bob Adelmann
The latest Empire State Manufacturing Survey issued by the New York Federal Reserve Bank on Monday confirms an increasingly ominous economic trend: The fourth consecutive monthly decline in its index is the longest since early 2009.
- Thoughts on Islam by Robert W. Peck
Certainly not all Muslims are terrorists who are going around blowing people up. In fact, many can be said to be living at peace with their non-Muslim neighbors.
- The Impact of Refugees by Brent Regan
Americans are a people of immense charity, eclipsing all other nations in the speed and degree of our willingness to help others.
- Refugee Fact Sheet by Brent Regan
Foreign fighters intent on violence (jihad of the sword) are NOT refugees. They are invaders posing as refugees.
- Proposed Resolution against Syrian Refugees by Brent Regan
A resolution declaring that Kootenai County is opposed to the relocation of refugees from the United States refugee resettlement program in Kootenai County
- End Refugee Resettlement Petition Drive
The VOICE OF THE PEOPLE needs to be heard by our elected officials regarding the United Nations-mandated refugee resettlement in the Treasure Valley! This petition drive is a vehicle for making that goal a reality.