Welcome to the latest edition of our web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. This interactive newsletter allows comments and discussion and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Why Paul Ryan as House Speaker? by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
We had an opportunity to meet with Congressman Labrador this past week and to hear his story on why the Freedom Caucus chose to elect Paul Ryan speaker of the House of Representatives.
- Enough Already! Stop the Recall in West Ada School District by Bob “Nugie” Neugebauer
Why does KBOI News make such a big deal about the cost of the recall elections and says nothing about the 40% cost overrun on the new middle school south of highway 84?
- Viki Purdy Announces Campaign for State Senate
Today, Viki Purdy of New Meadows announced her candidacy for the Idaho State Senate in Legislative District 9.
- They Came and They Spoke! by Rich Loudenback
Citizens Voice Disapproval of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Idaho’s Administrative Rules by Rep. Heather Scott
Once approved, these Administrative Rules will have the full force of law.
- Common Core and the Upcoming Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) by Bob Compton, DVM, PhD
2015 is the year that the Idaho Department and Board of Education are considering the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) that originated from Federal entities.
- Free and Fair Market? Not if it is Health Insurance in Idaho by Steve Ackerman
Imagine you live in a world where you can only buy food, gas, and other supplies for your family a few months out of the year.
- High-Tax, Big-Government Republicans Next Door by Robert W. Peck
A little research quickly revealed that I was being lied to, though it wasn’t until recently that I heard an actual price tag placed on the cost of that lie.
- Greed Is Good? Wrong! by Rich Loudenback
“Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.” Those are the ‘all too memorable words’ spoken by the character Gordon Gekko, portrayed by the actor Michael Douglas in the 1987 movie ‘Wall Street.’
- Hillary Can Be Convicted by Rich Loudenback
Nothing so sickens moral ethical people as do poker face liars, and chronic liars are to be avoided if at all possible.
- John Green to Speak at Hayden Area Tea Party on Wed. Nov. 18th by Rich Loudenback
Co-leaders of the Hayden Area Tea Party, Pam Stout and Jim Polzin are pleased to announce that Mr. John Green will speak at their monthly meeting on Wednesday Nov. 18th at the Hayden Library at 6:30 PM.
- Is it Structural Default? by Douglas Jones
The American Public has, again, been treated to another replay of the “debt ceiling” debate. As usual, we had arguments regarding the wisdom and necessity of raising the debt limit.
- TPP, Freedom’s Last Breath by Steven Neill
“False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.” — Socrates
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho Forests – Part 4 by Karen Schumacker
Where did all of these regulations come from? Was it the federal government, expansion of the United States Forest Service (USFS), the environmental groups, corporations, or something else? How did it all get started?
- Boehner’s Gift to President Obama by John Birch Society Staff
Establishment Republicans get what they want: more military spending. Establishment Democrats get what they want: more welfare spending. What does the taxpayer get? The bill.
- Protect American Sovereignty, Stop the ‘Pacific Union’ by Christian Gomez
Contact your congressmen in opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, an EU-style Pacific Union.
- Review of “The Shadows of Power: The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline” by Jane Ingraham
Many Americans still scoff at the idea of a conspiratorial interpretation of ongoing events. The Shadows of Power by James Perloff demonstrates that they scoff at their own peril.
- Cato: American Decline Accelerating by Bob Adelmann
The latest report from the Cato Institute comes on top of a long and increasingly unhappy series of reports on freedom’s decline in America.
- Microsoft: Windows 10 Reports on Users; Can’t Be Stopped by C. Mitchell Shaw
When Microsoft released Windows 10 on July 29, the new operating system was already mired in controversy due to the way it monitors users’ activities and reports back to Microsoft.
- Obama Lines Up Crony Capitalist Support for Climate Pact by William F. Jasper
With many analysts predicting that the upcoming United Nations Climate Summit in Paris will fail to produce an ambitious, binding global agreement, President Obama is hoping to come to the rescue.
- Frustrated with Politics? by Rich Loudenback
Ever notice how most candidates sound great during the election campaign, but their record never matches this rhetoric once in office?
- End Refugee Resettlement Petition Drive
The VOICE OF THE PEOPLE needs to be heard by our elected officials regarding the United Nations-mandated refugee resettlement in the Treasure Valley!