Welcome to the new, web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. Instead of a single PDF file, this newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- 1st Annual Treasure Valley Liberty Shoot – September 26-27
Contributions are tax deductible and all proceeds will be used for a law suit to challenge the requirement for Common Core in our public schools.
- Obama’s Backdoor Gun Grab by Bob Neugebauer
We were reminded recently that Obama will do anything he can to grab guns legally or administratively.
- Loss of Control in State Contracts Leads to Cronyism and Corruption by Bob Neugebauer
We believe the real reason no one has tried to fix the system is that it is easier to hide cronyism and corruption when you don’t have any controls in the system.
- 2015 Idaho Liberty Expo & Film Festival: ‘The Power to Choose’ — Big Success! by Rich Loudenback
The Republican Liberty Caucus of Idaho (RLC-ID) hosted their annual Liberty Expo in Coeur d’Alene on August 13 – 15th.
- Rep. Ron Mendive to Speak At Hayden Area Tea Party Wed. Aug 19th @ 6:30 by Rich Loudenback
Leader of the newly formed Hayden Area Tea Party, Jim Polzin, is pleased to announce that Idaho State Representative Ron Mendive will be speaking at their meeting on Wednesday, Aug 19th @ 6:30 at the Hayden Library in the large conference room.
- Idaho No More by Darr Moon
Idaho is an island archipelagos among a sea of federal territory. In fact almost two thirds of the state is someone else’s ground and when it comes to the decision about what goes on in Idaho just about two thirds of the direction is determined beyond our mostly meaningless border.
- Free Markets vs Intervention by Douglas Jones
“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat
- What’s in a Name? by Steven Neill
The power to name is the power to control and the power to rename grants the same power over something or someone.
- Social INsecurity — How to Phase Out the Fundamentally Flawed System by Kurt Hyde
Friday, August 14, marks the 80th anniversary of Franklin Roosevelt’s signing of the Social Security Act of 1935 into law.
- VA Backs Down on Threat to Take Idaho Veteran’s Guns by Bob Adelmann
Time to Stand against Gun Confiscation in North Idaho!
- Arsenic and the EPA by Adrian Arp
The non-scientific Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandate to lower arsenic levels in drinking water from 50 parts per billion to 10 ppb is not based on scientific research, and will needlessly cost taxpayers millions of dollars to comply.
- Trade Agreements Compromise Individual Liberty and National Independence by Adrian Arp
Did you know that your individual liberty and national independence are being negotiated away by our State Department in new trade agreements?
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho Cities by Karen Schumacker
Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO) were created in 1962 for cities with greater than 50,000 population to assist with transportation development and city planning.
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho Lobbyists – Part 2 by Karen Schumacker
It may be impolite to target UN affiliated lobbyists by assuming they are lobbying for UN interests. A more in-depth look is needed to review their activity and validate this accusation.
- Mark Levin is at it Again: What is Wrong with his New Book by Rich Loudenback
Nothing, except his fix. His fix is dangerously flawed and could literally terminate our sovereignty and our Republic.
- Hold Your Congressmen Accountable to the Constitution by John Birch Society Staff
The first Freedom Index scorecard for the 114th Congress is now available.
- Ada County Tea Party Annual Meeting and Board Elections – Saturday, August 29 at 4:00 PM
Ada County Tea Party Annual Meeting will be a Meet and Greet which will include officer elections and special presentations from our esteemed guests, Senator Russ Fulcher and Secretary of State Lawerence Denney.