Welcome to Gem State Patriot newsletter. This newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Black Robes for Freedom, Black Robes for Tyranny by Bob Neugebauer
Today we are dealing with an entirely different group of Black Robes. These are the Black Robes worn by the justices of our Supreme Court. These are the black robes of today who are stealing away our freedoms and liberty one decision at a time.
- Sharing the Road to Ruin by Darr Moon
This extremely dangerous exercise in eco-awareness offers great opportunity to analyze the schizophrenic dualistic oppression doled out by the peddlers of progressive culture.
- In the Political Arena, is Labrador back in his Conservative Shoes? by Bob Neugebauer
It appears from Congressman Raul Labrador’s recent votes that he is getting back in tune with his constituents after his misplaced vote for John Boehner as Speaker of the House.
- Pension Spiking Leads to Cronyism by Bob Neugebauer
When voters get lazy and don’t hold their legislators accountable for their actions, they get the government they deserve.
- Idaho Freedom Foundation Sounds the Alarm by Wayne Hoffman
I thought long and hard this weekend about how I would tell you this, but there’s no other way to say it: the progressives are coming for Idaho.
- Stung by the Court! Is there still Hope? by Bob Neugebauer
Regardless of the Supreme Court ruling it is time for real healthcare reform that allows the free market to take over, puts consumers in charge instead of politicians, and respects the limits of our Constitution.
- The Gray Ghost and TPP by Steven Neill
Few acts of WWII deception were as effective as the First United States Army Group, aka FUSAG. Using inflatable tanks, planes, jeeps and bogus infrastructure build up that, from the air, looked like a huge army preparing to invade France via Calais.
- Only One Opinion Matters by Evalyn Bennett
Every day, media sources report poll results on moral topics such as same-sex marriage and abortion, trying to take America’s pulse on these issues.
- Simpson, Crapo, and Risch Are Part of the Problem by Rich Loudenback
Now let me see, our tax coffers will be lightened from the loss of jobs, and the rest of us are supposed to pay these folks with what’s left in our tax coffers to compensate them for not working. Have you ever heard of anything on earth more socialistic than that?
- An Answer to America’s “Racial Divide”: the Census by Tom Brennan
The first Census of the United States was in 1790. Census takers set about counting the population of the newly founded Nation under the Constitution. The information was to contain the names and ages of free males and free females, and a count of slaves owned.
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President: Part Four — A lack of transparency and accomplishments by Tony Olson
Because of a mainstream media that has been exceptionally kind to the Clintons, the average American knows little of the Clinton underworld. True transparency would spell the end of Hillary’s campaign.
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho Lobbyists! by Karen Schumacker
Lobbying is defined as “The process of influencing public and government policy at all levels: federal, state, and local.” A lobbyist is an individual who provides “local, state, and federal policymakers with points of view on public policy issues.”
- Idaho Property Rights Under Attack by Jan and Wayne Montano
Yes, Idaho is under attack from without and from within. Here in Gem County we are watching what took place in Payette County: the corruption of the county officials with the gas and oil industry.
- A Semblance of Fairness, A Semblance of Truth by Steve Pugmire
For those who attended the special session of the Idaho legislature, this report will be a painful reminder of the proceedings. For others who are barely familiar with the event, it may serve as a point of information, lost in the near distant past and a precursor of the future if nothing is done to remedy the results.
- Think You Own Your Property and Mineral Rights? Think Again by Jason Casella
Do you own your mineral rights? That was a question that I didn’t think should be at the top of my list when I bought my house.
- Reality Denial by Rich Loudenback
It’s been said that we get the government we deserve. I guess we’ve been really, really bad for the last couple decades.
- The Price of Liberty by Adrian Arp
The Declaration of Independence brought unique individual liberty to our country. It states that Man’s rights come from a Divine Creator and that government was to serve man and not enslave him.
- Obama Issues 19 Classified Directives Changing Laws Passed by Congress by Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.
Since being inaugurated in 2009, President Barack Obama has issued 30 Presidential Policy Directives (PPD), 19 of which he has ordered to be kept secret from Congres and the American people.