Welcome to the new, web-based Gem State Patriot newsletter. Instead of a single PDF file, this newsletter is interactive, allows comments and discussion, and can be easily shared via social media. Please enjoy the following articles included in this edition of the Gem State Patriot.
- Secretary of Education Arne Duncan Needs to be Reeducated by Tea Party Bob
Recently Secretary Duncan lambasted Oklahoma after the state repealed Common Core Standards. Without coming right out and saying that they will cut off federal funds for No Child Left Behind, which would have put him in a proverbial corner and you know how politicians are, never paint yourself into a corner.
- Insurance Rates to Rise 25 to 30% along with Exchange Fees — Are There Any Alternatives? by Tea Party Bob
We predicted this back in 2012 when our legislators were debating HB248 that if indeed they voted to put in a state health care exchange that not only rates for insurance, but fees would rise dramatically in the next few year.
- The Statesman should not second-guess our vote for Randy Folwell by Steve Ackerman & Tea Party Bob
On May 26, the Ada County Republican Central Committee held an election to recommend candidates for sheriff to the county commissioners. Randy Folwell and Steve Bartlett were presented to us. We reviewed the records of these two good candidates, listened to their statements, and asked each of them questions. A majority of us voted for Randy Folwell as our first choice and Steve Bartlett as our second choice.
- Constitutional Sheriff of Benewah County Personally Sponsors KrisAnne Hall’s Constitutional Seminar in St. Maries, Idaho by Rich Loudenback
Benewah County Sheriff Dave Resser proudly co-sponsored with the Republican Liberty Caucus of Idaho’s (RLC) local chapter a constitutional seminar conducted by nationally renowned KrisAnne Hall on June 12 thru 14th.
- It Is Our Time to Hold the Line by Judd Wilson
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Christ spoke these words 2,000 years ago. Here today we remember the men and women who loved their friends. Who loved their families. Their hometowns. Their country. And their God.
- Getting Bibles Back in Our Schools by Evalyn Bennett
Citizens of Idaho, fellow-citizens in your state have taken the first step to restore the Bible to public school classrooms for use as a reference source in numerous subjects. Please contact your legislators to express your support for freedom of speech in education.
- Socialists are Parasites and They Ruin the Health of a Nation by Rich Loudenback
Nothing spends like other peoples’ money! And as England’s Lady Margaret Thatcher once said, “The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”
- The Mindset of Politicians Today by Rich Loudenback
The problem with political jokes is that they get elected. You’ve probably heard it before about how well-meaning politicians of deep patriotic intentions arrive in DC or Boise to be slowly transformed into different men and women by incredibly skilled professional lobbyists and PAC’s who begin swaying their interests through deal making, lies, perks and outright bribes.
- Welcome to the United Nations of Idaho by Karen Schumacker
If Idahoans don’t believe the United Nations (UN) has any influence on their lives in Idaho, they need to take another look at how the UN is operating here.
- Gallup: Americans Say Federal Government is Number One Problem by Bob Adelmann
According to a recent Gallup poll, Americans have named the federal government as the most important U.S. problem for four months in a row, noting that “dissatisfaction with government is by no means a new issue,” having been at or near the top in its surveys for years.
- Frogs, Boiling Water and the Normalcy Bias by Douglas Jones
You have heard it, “You are just a skeptic. You worry too much. Go with the flow.” — It has been slow and gradual. Will we be like the frog that is content to languish in the water, as it is turned up to a boil, and ultimately takes our life (liberty), — because it all feels so very “normal”? Or will we stand apart, sounding the alarm, — and let those around us know that things are coming to a boil?
- A New Tea Party is Born in Hayden, Idaho
Hayden Tea Party Meets Wed. June 17th at Hayden Library
- VIDEO: Bob Neugebauer talks with former Sen. Russ Fulcher about increasing health insurance premiums
The latest from Gem State Patriot TV
- VIDEO: Idaho Braces for Wave of 2000 Islamic Syrian Immigrants
Bob Neugebauer talks with former Sen. Russ Fulcher about the potential influx of 2000 Islamic Syrian Immigrants into Idaho
- “Northwest Liberty Academy” (June 17-20) Click here to learn more.